Saturday, November 9, 2013

Two questions


Typhoon Yolanda finally left the Country.

Two nights ago, I tried to will myself to sleep as she was ravaging parts of Eastern Visayas, but then I was confronted by two questions. 

And now I could only sigh as I remember them, sigh as I remember how, despite the breadth of my imagination, I left them unanswered. 

But tonight, as I will myself to sleep again, a feat which I find so close to impossible every night, they come knocking on the doors of my thoughts once again. Tired of lurking in the shadows at the back of my mind, they knock, demanding an answer. 

"Had it been the end of the world that night, what would have been the last thing you felt? What would be the last truth you'd recognize in your head, is it something your heart wouldn't deny?"

Those two questions are right outside the doors of my thoughts tonight, but I'm an inhospitable host.... I shall let them hang around for a while longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment